Floating Roof Drainage
Emco Wheaton Floating Suctions for fluid bleeding out of tanks.
Floating Suctions compared with permanently fixed bleeding nozzles have the following advantages:
- the product always is transferred in a defined distance under the liquid level
- Contamination dirt/sediments/solid particles and heavy fluids remain on the tank bottom
- therefore constant quality independent from liquid level
Emco Wheaton Floating Suctions offer:
- ease of steering and long lifetime due to ball bearing of swivel joints
- easy mounting due to internal swivel joint flanging
- robustness against pressure conditions (pressure variations) in tank and tube
- minimal vortex formation through optimised inlet with anti-vortex suction
- pressure-proof floats
• internally fixed at unloading tube
• consisting of an elbow-tube-system with a suction opening which is held close to the liquid level by a float ⇒ drawing
• various designs, depending on the tank dimensions and types
• sizes: DN 50 to DN 500
• Materials depending on the design and requirements: aluminium, carbon steel, stainless steel
• Seals in accordance to the fluid: Buna N, Viton, PTFE
- special designs are possible on request, e.g. for skimming of thin fluid films at the surface
Emco Wheaton Floating Suction for any container/tank:
- The exact size is depending on the required suction speed. The flow velocity should not exceed 1 m/s.
- Design and length(s) of floating suction will be determined by kind of tank and all relevant dimensions.
- For optimising the design of the floating suction for an individual situation please fill in our “datasheet floating suctions”.
- If there are no special instructions the floating suction will be designed that all parts can be installed through a manhole size DN 600. The floating suction will be delivered in parts.