Emco Wheaton has been designing and manufacturing loading arms for over 50 years. Our focus on meeting the specific needs of our demanding customer base has resulted in us being able to offer technically advanced solutions to suit almost any application the world can throw at us.
Our various designs allow us to handle virtually any liquid known to man in a safe and reliable manner. Our loading arms are available in carbon steel, stainless steel, low temperature carbon steel, Hastelloy, Titanium and other speciality materials. Lining with PTFE and vulcanized rubber can also be provided.
In addition to loading arms, the company provides a range of safety access equipment, fuelling equipment and earth grounding systems.
We have recently enhanced our family of classleading API Couplers – the most comprehensiverange of API couplers available in the market today. Each coupler incorporates a host of patented features,which will provide trouble free operation and will also ensure a clean, spill free loading rack.
Our couplers are approved world-wide and recommended by the world’s major oil companies, operating successfully in some of the most demanding environments
Setting new standards
Quality and the pursuit of perfection continue to raise the technology bar at Emco Wheaton. This philosophy includes our range of API couplers. This family of products now includes the industry standard J0451, re-engineered in 2007, the newly launched J0452, replacing the K2/K2P as the snap-on coupler of choice and the CAMSEC® with optional integrated French metrology approved check valve. A number of improved components
API Coupler – J0451
Quality and perfection always drive new standards within Emco Wheaton and this includes our API-coupler range that is used by petro-chemical companies worldwide.
The J0451 API Coupler has been the industry standard for over 30 years. It has recently been re-engineered to set a new, higher standard in API Couplings.
• Industry standard for over 30 years • Maintenance friendly • Lightweight design • In-situ nose seal replacement • Lowest leakage on disconnect in class • Better load distribution • Superior sealing technology, with three seal variants • Bevelled lip for ease of operation • Ergonomic design • Wide range of spare kits available
API Coupler – J0452
New product development, ongoing product improvement and the flexibility to adapt to customer’s individual requirements ensure that our API couplers remain at the leading edge of technology.
The J0452 range of API couplers is the most advanced coupler range available in the global market today. Our newly launched J0452 has been engineered as a direct replacement to the K2/K2P to be the SNAP ON / SNAP OFF coupler of choice.
• Supersedes the successful K2/K2P couplers • Maintenance friendly • The most advanced coupler in the market today • In-situ nose seal replacement • Lowest leakage on disconnect in class • SNAP ON / SNAP OFF design • Superior sealing technology, ergonomic design • Bevelled lip for ease of operation • Optional integrated pump with filter element • Wide range of spare kits available
Our Camsec Coupler has been the industry standard in France for over 30 years.
This coupler has superior sealing technology, with lowest leakage on disconnect in its class. It is maintenance friendly and has a wide range of spare kits available.
Industry standard in France for over 30 years • French metrology approved check valve • Lowest leakage on disconnect in class • Superior sealing technology, ergonomic design • ATEX certified • Maintenance friendly • In-situ nose seal replacement • SLIDE ON / PULL OFF design • Bevelled lip for ease of operation • Wide range of spare kits available
TODO-MATIC® / COUPLINGS
FOR SAFE FLUID HANDLING
We are proud to present the TODO-MATIC® range of Dry-Break®couplings. More than 30 years of expertise has gone into their design and manufacture.
In sizes from 1″ to 6″ and a wide range of material options,TODO-MATIC® Dry-Break® couplings offer advanced fluid handling solutions for a diverse range of industries. Major offshore exploration, chemical, pharmaceutical and petrochemical companies rely on TODO-MATIC® couplings to safely transfer their most aggressive or valuable products.
Designed for safe and easy use with minimum operator intervention. TODO-MATIC® couplings offer an unbeatable combination of technical, safety and performance features
How it works
Turning the hose unit 15° clockwise locks the units together. The valves are still closed and are not opened until a further rotation of 90° has been performed and then the product flow is guaranteed. To close the valve and to unlock the units, reverse the procedure
- Valves open and close automatically on connection and disconnection.
- Simple single action operation, no levers or switches to operate.
- Valves are guaranteed closed prior to disconnection.
- Minimal residual loss on disconnection (e.g. maximum 0.35cc for 2″ DN50).
- Will connect and disconnect under pressure and fl ow where necessary.
- Extremely reliable, very few moving parts.
- Robust construction, no external operational components.
- Available with selectivity system to prevent cross contamination.
- Reduces spillages to virtually zero
- Dramatically improves both operational and fugitive emission performance
- Reduces the possibility of human error in transfer operations
- Improves efficiency
- Sizes: 1″ (DN19 – DN32) to 6″ (DN150)
- Materials: Aluminium, gunmetal and stainless steel 316L, other on request.
- Seals: FKM (Viton®), NBR (Nitrile), EPDM, Chemraz®, Kalrez®. Other materials on request.
- Working pressure: PN 10 – PN 25.
- Test pressure: Working pressure +50%.
- Safety factor: 5:1
- End connections: BSP- and NPT-threads. DIN-, ASA-, TW- and TTMA-flanges (available for both tank and hose units). Other threads and flanges on request.
- Compatibility: NATO STANAG 3756
Viton® and Kalrez® is registered trademarks of DuPont. Chemraz® is a registered trademark of Green-Tweed.
TODO-MATIC® DRY-BREAK couplings offer high fl ow capacity
Media: water. Temperature: 20°C.
Certificates / Approvals
- TODO-MATIC® couplings carry the highest level of certification and approvals available. VdTÜV under test approval mark TÜ.AGG.162-93 towards ADR, RID, IMDG and TA-Luft classifications.
- European directives 97/23/EC (PED) and 94/9/EC (ATEX) compliant. Manufactured under EN ISO 9001:2000.
1″ TODO-MATIC® (DN19 – DN32, Ø56 mm)
TODO-MATIC® DRY-BREAK® couplings in 1″ size are designed for smaller bore applications where compact dimensions are required. One handed operation, high flow rate and minimal release on disconnection make TODO-MATIC® perfect for transferring high value or sensitive medias with confi dence. The addition of selectivity to prevent product cross contamination expands the operational possibilities in manifold exchange applications
2″ TODO-MATIC® (DN40 – DN50, Ø70 mm)
Our 2″ coupling size probably covers the most diverse selection of applications in the TODO-MATIC family. Available in a range of material and connection configurations, TODO-MATIC 2″ is designed for rapid and safe transfers. Offshore chemical dosing, Pharmaceutical feedstock and aggressive chemical vapour transfer are just some of the challenging applications TODO-MATIC couplings see on a daily basis.
2½” TODO-MATIC® (DN65 – DN80, Ø105 mm)
The 2½” TODO-MATIC® coupling is generally used in road tanker and aviation applications transferring a variety of liquids and vapours. Just like all TODO-MATIC® couplings, the 2½” is available in a full range of materials to offer compatibility with most applications. A strong integral swivel, ergonomic design and rugged construction ensure TODO-MATIC® couplings are equipped for the real world.
3″ TODO-MATIC® (DN80, Ø119 mm)
A true 3″ coupling, similar in size to the 2½” but with greater fl ow. Typically used for road and rail tank loading / discharge, in plant chemical transfers etc. Tough construction, ease of handling, no spillage and high fl ow made this coupling form the natural choice for N.A.T.O refuelling standardisation.
4″ TODO-MATIC® (DN100, Ø164 mm)
Without exception, the most compact, light weight, high flow 4″ self sealing coupling system available. Used extensively for offshore ship to rig transfers of fuels and drinking water, aviation fuel bunkering, rail tank loading / discharge, chemicals etc. Rapid, positive connection and disconnection make TODO-MATIC® the standard for barge to ferry re-fuelling and multiple rail tank discharge.
6″ TODO-MATIC® (DN150, Ø238 mm)
The same features and method of operation as the rest of the range make 6″ TODO-MATIC® the ideal ship / barge to shore connection. Much faster and safer than any fl ange coupling means not only environmental standards compliance but real turn around time savings. Full marine construction with rotating lifting loop as standard. As with all TODO-MATIC® couplings, the 6″ is equally suitable for fl exible hose or loading arm applications.
Hose unit with flange
All sizes of the hose unit are also available with flange.